Numbing cream can be very useful. They help to desensitize the skin, so you feel no pain. There are many applications of this kind of cream like:
- You can use it to prepare the skin for some kind of minor surgery.
- It can be used to relieve pain in the area you are getting pierced or tattooed.
- To minimize itching if you get exposed to some skin irritants.
- It is used by dermatologists for Botox, fillers, laser procedures, etc.
- It can be used before waxing and other hair removal methods to ease the pain.
- It can also be used to relieve pain if you have a rash or some minor injury.
Numbing cream contains Lidocaine which is very effective in relieving pain and, it has shown some quick results to soothe the pain. Many popular Numbing cream brands use it. These creams use many other ingredients as well, like:
and many others.
Precautions while using Numbing cream:
These creams are very effective if you want immediate results. But there are some warnings and, precautions you need to take every time before using them. It is often mentioned, on the wrapper or the box of cream.
- Do not apply the cream anywhere near your eyes. It can be dangerous. If somehow eyes get in touch with cream then, you need to wash eyes with cold water, and rinse and then consult a doctor.
- Never eat Numbing cream. You cannot ingest it ever. It is for oral use and not to be put in the mouth.
- If you have any cuts, scratches, or abrasions on your skin then, you cannot use the Numbing cream on them. It will irritate and can lead to dangerous infections.
- When you have applied Numbing cream to any area of the skin, be careful not to injure that part in any way. Like, do not touch hot surfaces or get some cuts. It might not be painful them but later on, when the effect washes away, you will feel a lot of pain.
There are some situations in which you need to visit the doctor immediately. After using the Numbing cream if you get any hives, or breathing issues, or swelling in any area like the face, lips, eyes you need to visit a doctor. Every skin has a different reaction to Numbing cream. Some skin types do not appreciate it.
You may notice some other side effects as well, like redness, blurry vision, burning sensation, dizziness, temperature sensations, ringing in the ears, or any other kind of effect. You need to visit a doctor immediately. So, you need to take a small amount of cream and test it on your skin before using it on a larger patch. It will tell you how your skin will react when you apply the cream. If no side effect happen then you can use it further as well.