The English Language is proclaimed as international because it is used in different countries in terms of communication. Different races understand each other by using this language. It is necessary to learn and be knowledgeable about the English language because it is essential in many ways. A lot of English as Second Language (ESL) companies opened and boomed in different places, due to advancement, ESL companies are also conducting classes online which is very convenient for learners.
There are a lot of benefits when you learn English as Second Language (ESL) and those are:
- Effective communication – the greatest benefit that you can get upon learning English is that you’re able to communicate well and effectively to anyone in any race since almost all people already know how to speak and understand the English language.
- Enhances the Brain – the more you use the language the more your brain works. When you’re learning the language you need to think about the words, grammar, or sentences that you need to say or write. If you continue doing it especially early age, it will enhance brain activity.
- Improve memory function – as you learn English as a second language (ESL), you tend to develop good memory skills. It increases the capacity of your brain to retain memory and information and enables you to think and analyze things better.
- Mental Flexibility- since it enhances your brain, it also makes you mentally flexible in a way that the brain creates new pathways that enables you to store more information.
- Developed Problem Solving Skills – when making decisions, we use our mental capacity to think. Learning language helps us to become better at analysis, critical thinking, and hypothetical thinking. It makes us wise and be great at formulating solutions for certain problems.
- Excellent comprehension- English is one of the subjects studied at school. Books, stories, and blogs are often written using the English language if you have much knowledge about it then you can have great comprehension and you will understand whatever is said in a certain piece.
- Prevents brain deterioration- learning English as a second language (ESL) is good to exercise the brain and tends to be helpful to prevent other brain and cognitive illnesses such as dementia.
- Improves Digital Literacy- technology has been widely used in this era, the internet and social media have been a great way and platform for learning. It is also a tool for entertainment and the spread of information, being English literate enables you to comprehend and absorb what you have seen over the internet and you might also want to share your knowledge with a broad audience, the English language is the best tool for them to understand.
Learning multi-languages is not an easy thing that you can do on your own. To be good at it, you have to have someone who is an expert on it that will teach about technicalities and important things you need to learn. There are other ways you can do as well like listening to English podcasts, watching English movies, or watching informative videos about English.